Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer nails: watermelon!

whimsical nails done to celebrate the end of the school year and the start of Summer: watermelons!

I primed the nails with clear, then painted the whole nail Maybelline Express Finish in "Racy Red", two coats.  then I drew white stripes on the nail bed (wide enough to paint the green stripe over it, because the green looked brown directly over the red).  Then I painted dark green (SH "Emerald City") over the white and black dots over the red (Sinful Color's Nail Art in "Time Off".  Once everything had dried thoroughly I coated it all with Seche Vite, which gave it a lovely juicy shine :)

the right hand was just Racy Red, I painted my big toes as watermelons and the rest of my toes Racy Red as well.  I considered painting the edge white and green instead of the nailbed side,but figured this way would look better as it wore off.

No comments:

Post a Comment