Saturday, February 25, 2012

Deirdre - introduction

This is Deirdre, and I'll have to make this quick, as there's many other things I should be doing as usual :)

I have painted my own nails forever, but only got into the creative aspects of it this past year.  Posting pictures of my nail art on facebook and seeing Colleen's pictures on facebook has really egged me on!

For me, painting my nails is a nice quality-time activity that I can do at the end of a hectic day, while I'm watching something on the DVR or reading a book.  It is also a creative outlet for me, and it's fun that I get to display my art to all I see!  I've had cashiers take my hands and call people over "look at these nails!" and it's started interesting conversations with doctors etc. :)

I don't have any special methods, and am pretty much self-taught.  I mostly do the patterns on my left hand only since I am right handed.  And when I am done painting there is usually a lot of polish around my nail.  The easiest way to clean off the excess polish is after the shower with my nails or rubbing with a towel.

I'll upload my pictures to date (almost all of which are on facebook before now), sorry for the deluge!

No comments:

Post a Comment